Wednesday, March 12, 2014

MY "HACKS"



Sometimes little things make all the difference.
Once upon a time, I had a clean, neat house.
It wasn't an issue.
Once number #4 came along AND I started homeschooling it became much more of a challenge.
I've written about it before.
There are only so many hours in a day and schooling takes precedence.My house is not so clean and neat anymore.
I don't think we're at the filth level, thankfully..but lets just say I wouldn't encourage anyone to eat off of my floors or run their white gloved fingers over any furniture.

Here are some little things that have made a big difference for me personally.

#1) I resolved to have the dishes done every night before going to bed.
I hate waking up to a messy kitchen.
I confess, sometimes I will leave 2 or three things--but NOT the counter piled.
Also, I used to leave clean dishes to dry on the counter.
They were clean..but it was more "clutter" on the counter.
So, to force the dishes away ;) I rearranged the counter-top so that now, there is no SPACE to pile them on the counter.  Hence, dishes get put away right away.

#2) This is still a work in progress.  Laundry gets done on a regular basis.
It gets folded on a regular basis.  BUT, it often will sit on the couch in those folded piles.
So, to counter that tendency.  I am trying to fold my laundry on top of the table.
I always need the table, so it cannot sit there for more than, oh..2.5 minutes.
It does help that children 1-3 put their own away.

Again, it is the little things.
Any helpful tips that you have to add?

1 comment:

Erin said...

Every time the boys take a bath I let them play for a few minutes while I do a quick wipe down of the bathroom sink :)