Friday, September 19, 2014

EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES

While soccer is not our life, by any means--in a sense, soccer is our life.
We have practice four nights a week and then games on the weekend.
It is rather crazy.

The girls are on a team together and Michael is on a different team.
This is Rian's first year playing and she is a little bit in over her head.
She is the youngest on the team, but I just couldn't handle juggling three different teams.  Two is bad enough!  So, I pushed for her to be on the older team.
It'll build character, right?

Here are some shots from the first game the girl's had.
Mike took the girls and I went with Michael, since the games were in different towns and at the same time.



Big improvement on Carina's part this year!


The next picture is from what was SUPPOSED to be Michael's first game.
The other team cancelled at the last minute, so they won by forfeit.
Our whole team was there, so they kicked the ball around for awhile and then we cut out to catch the last half of the girl's game.



Michael is really enjoying soccer this year.








 The whole program is a bit different this year.
The kids have a professional trainer in practice and then parent coaches for the games..
We have a few issues with the whole organization, but at this point in time we will stick with it. 
 For the kids.

Just an aside, there are some who may ask why I do all this running and committing to the various extra-curriculars--I'll admit, it gets to be a lot.  I personally believe that these activities are JUST as important as academics in the education of my children.  They are exercising, learning teamwork, and many other skills through these activities.  This is why I will go through the hassle and inconvenience to myself.  Of course there is a point where one can take on too much, but honestly, I don't think we have crossed that line yet.  Just my two cents.

No comments: